As Birth Doulas, we support you and your support person through labor, birth, and the golden hour after birth helping to facilitate your positive birth experience.
Our services include:
- A calendar that is not overbooked
- Initial complimentary consultation (usually 1 hour)
- Text and phone support for questions from time of contract through postpartum visit
- Help developing your personal birth plan
- Information on and links to resources you may need
- Evidence based resources about tests, concerns, procedures, etc.
- Two prenatal meetings (usually 2.5 hours each)
- On call (stay in town) from 38 weeks of your pregnancy through birth
- Continuous support from onset of labor through 2 hours postpartum (No hour limit)
- Postpartum follow-up visit usually within first 3 weeks in your home
- Breastfeeding support
- Lending library
- Follow-up communication through the first year postpartum
Initial Complimentary Consultation: During the complimentary consultation, Marcie or Katie will listen to your birth wishes and concerns. She will answer your questions and hopefully address your concerns. It is a time of getting to know one another.
Prenatal Care: Upon receipt of contract and deposit, prenatal care begins! We are available for phone, and text support, and to help with birth plan development. We hold two prenatal meetings. During these visits, we will go over relaxation techniques, practice positions, discuss preparing for your ideal birthing environment, and develop your postpartum care plan. Prenatal meetings are usually no longer than 2.5 hours each and at least one of them will be in your home. This gives us the opportunity to become familiar with your home, and for pets and children to become comfortable with us before labor begins.
At 36 weeks, the balance for service is due. From 38 weeks to birth, we are on call to provide needed support during the late days of pregnancy. During labor, we will join you in your home or chosen birth place whichever you prefer when you are ready for us to come. You don’t have to be in active labor before we come. We stay with you throughout your labor and birth until breastfeeding is established, and everyone is comfortable. This is usually 1-2 hours following birth. We provide support during unmedicated births, inductions, epidural labors, and Cesarean births.
Our prenatal services may vary according to your individual needs such as with VBAC’s. We also try to accommodate financially as well through payment plan.
Postpartum meeting: Following birth, we provide phone support to answer questions and a postpartum home visit usually within 3 weeks of birth. During the postpartum visit, we offer a non-judgmental ear for reflecting your birth story. Breastfeeding support is provided as needed as well as information and referrals for any additional resources you may need. Because we value your well-being, we will follow-up with you occasionally for a year after your birth.
Our clients are very special to us. It is a privilege to serve during this season of growth – emotionally, spiritually, and as a family.
Birth doula fee is $950. For our bundled services, please visit Service Bundles.